We are very happy to say that our Voice Acting public audition has started!
What is Seiyuu Danshi?
Seiyuu Danshi is an 18+ BL / Yaoi Visual Novel / Dating sim, with voice acting as its main theme. In this game, you'll play as a newbie voice actor who strives for the Seiyuu Award. On his way to reach his goal, though, he will still live his daily life and YOU get to make the choices on how he should spend the days.
The game was recently funded on Kickstarter. If you need more information regarding the game, feel free to check the Our Kickstarter Page & watch the trailer video below
Here’s a brief description on features you can find in Seiyuu Danshi!
Are you guys interested in auditioning for one of the main casts of Seiyuu Danshi? Read below!
Please remember to follow the guidelines!
Title your e-mail "[Your name] - Seiyuu Danshi Auditions"
Send the e-mail to both: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Check the recording requirements & file naming guide above.
Submissions that don't follow the guidelines won't be considered for the role, so please remember to follow the guidelines!
In this casting call, we are looking for voice actors for 5 of the main cast of Seiyuu Danshi. Below is their character profile AND audition lines.
1. Shibusawa Toshiyuki: we are looking for a medium-low voice range, with an authoritative-but-not-harsh intonation. He can become strict like a father and affectionate like a mother, and we're looking for a voice actor who can portray all of that.
2. Kamiya Hikaru: he has a medium range of voice, not too high nor too low, but he tends to use a cuter / higher version of his voice when he's in his "idol-mode". For him, we want a voice actor that can portray both his "idol self" and his "real self". Singing ability is a plus.
3. Shiba Ryotaro: he has a deep and masculine voice and he is often cast for cool roles like villains or handsome love rivals. However, his real is far from "cool". We want voice actors who can portray his cheerful, easygoing, and clumsy self while still having his deep and cool voice.
4. Nakane Shuu: He has a medium low voice range as well, although not as low as Shiba. His voice is mostly expressionless and rather robotic, however there are times when he's showing a slight change in emotion, and we're looking for voice actors who can portray that slight change.
5. Kazunori Toru: he has a soft and angelic medium high voice. He often gets cast as pre-pubescent boys for his voice acting jobs. He's shy, easily misunderstood, and really kind inside. We want voice actors that can portray the cuteness of his voice and his innocent self.
HOW IS THE VOICE ACTOR CHOSEN?
We will begin by screening out the submissions (audition lines) by 2 main criterias:
Technical side: whether the voice files meet the recording requirements or not
Character side: whether the voice suits the character or not.
Once we go through the first round of auditions, we will review what we have and pick a final set of people for callbacks. During this callback period, you might be asked to do more in-depth lines for these characters so we get to know more about your voice and other stuff.
Final cast will be determined by PUBLIC and BACKERS voting. More details about this will be disclosed after the screening phase has ended.
Payment for the role is $200 per role.
Below is the job description:
Don't forget to spread word about this audition to your friends, especially those who are voice actors, because the more people who knows about this, the better chance we will find the right one for each character! :)
Here's the last of the main characters sprites, which is certainly not the least, Shiba! :lol: He's a sport enthusiast and he loves sporty-style clothes, but he sometimes wear formal clothes when it is the right occasion.
FUDANSHI, YOUR PARTNER-IN-CRIME
For the next part, I want to introduce you guys to your friend inside the game who's willing to go to such length that he even makes a thorough report regarding your crush, the best bro! :D
How he looks like in-game:
Anyway, here's the mock-up of how his "report" will look like (sprite wasn't colored yet when I made this mock-up)
The above part displays your current friendship and love meter. It is helpful to have since the current mechanism is that your love meter can't exceed friendship meter. The friendship meter is the foundation of a relationship and it is necessary to raise it up to certain point. However, you have to remember that raising it too much might lock your relationship to that of a "best friend".
The bottom part of the report gives percentage of your progress to reach certain relationship status, and it is certainly handy to have! :D
No name nor character description for them yet, though I already have an idea in mind.For now, have their character sprites + their chibis (yes, I love making chibis a bit too much)
Secret character #1
How he looks in-game:
Secret character #2
How he looks in-game:
You now get to have some choices on night talk with the guys.
*cough* 'Dirty talk' can only be chosen when you are lovers with the guy, and it might trigger to phone sex, lololol Each guy prefers different topic. Serious guy who loves his career, for example, might prefer it compared to talking about entertainment. However, in each topic there will be special events waiting to be triggered!
INTERACTIVE MAPS IN ACTION: THE VIDEO!
Yup, I finally had some time to make a new gameplay video of the interactive maps. Watch it to see the interactive maps working in action!
DESIGN CHIBI ADD-ON
I'm opening a design chibi add-ons (to fill in those empty maps) for 20 backers only (10 spots have been taken so far)
For $50, you get to:
Design a chibi NPC to be inserted inside the game, and get to interact with said character in final & beta version of the game.
Provide ideas on quest related to for NPC designed (optional thing, so you don't have to if you don't want to)
Receive high resolution image regarding the chibi NPC designed, and the rights to use the picture without permission (if you want to make the chibi into a keychain for example, feel free to do it)
If you are interested in the add-on, please contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Some rough sketches of the chibi character
Kind reminder to help spread about our VA audition~